Find the basic steps to use a screen recorder for iPhone.
Over the years, it is obvious that things have changed quite a lot as regards recording your iPhone or iPad screens using Mac, commonly, the best option to record a video of what is on your iPhone or iPad device screen was to use the simulator on your Mac device. As videos is being used more and more to present an app be it for an App Preview, a promo video or a video advert, apple and other companies have made it much simpler for us.
Significantly, there are various options of apps to try out when it comes to using a screen recorder for iPhone using Mac, apps like:
- QuickTime Player app
- ScreenFlow app
- Elgato app
- Reflector app
- Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder app
This article will explain majorly the working principle of two of the above apps to screen record on iPhones using Mac.
Using QuickTime Player
This is virtually the simplest of it all, it was introduced with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, it is highly recommended to record iPhone screen or iPad screen. Here is all you will need:
- iOS device running iOS 8 or later.
- Mac device running OS X Yosemite or later.
- An original Lightning cable.
One interesting thing about using this app is that it doesn’t need for jailbreak or additional hardware, vividly following the below steps you will successfully be able to use the screen recorder for iPhone and iPad using Mac.
- Directly connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac through the lightning cable.
- Launch QuickTime player.
- Hit “File” and select “New Movie Recording”.
- A recording window show up, Click the arrow of the drop down menu in front of the record button and select your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose the Mic of your iPhone if you want to record music/sound effects.
- Hit the Record button and initiate the task on iPhone or iPad that you want to record.
- Hit the stop button and save whatever you have recorded.