Got your Asus Zenfone bricked? You can recover or unbrick the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and ZE551ML by flashing the official ROM on your device. A bricked device is nothing but an un-functional box of hardware failing to boot because of software or hardware damage. If you have bricked your device and caused hardware damage then you should contact your dealer. Software issue generally will be caused by corrupted firmware or system files and known as soft brick. This article will guide with the necessary steps to unbrick or recover a bricked Asus Zenfone 2.
How to Recover Bricked Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and ZE551ML
Your Asus Zenfone 2 can get bricked while you were trying to install OTA update and failed or you were trying to root your Asus Zenfone 2. Whatever be the reason, the solution for them is same. Find out how you can recover or unbrick your Asus Zenfone 2 by flashing the official ROM to your device. Normally data on your device should remain intact, however on rare occasion you might just lose it. First go through the pre-requisites and download necessary software and files before you proceed with the recovering process.
Install ADB drives on your PC (download it from here)
Get the latest stock ROM (official ROM) from the official website. Do note that you should download official ROM based on your Device model . Go the below given links, select your OS as Android and then click on Firmware and download the official ROM.
Follow below given steps to recover the Asus Zenfone 2.
1. Copy or Move the downloaded Stock ROM to the ADB Folder (where you have installed ADB). It should be normally in C:adb
2. Put your device in to Fasboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key until the phone vibrates. Only leave the power button, but keep the Volume Up key pressed until you see fastboot mode.
3. Under fastboot mode, keep pressing the Volume down key until you see Recovery Mode. Select it using the Power key.
4. Now select Apply update from ADB under recovery Mode.
5. Now connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and open ADB folder on your PC
6. In the ADB folder, press and hold Shift key and right click inside the folder and select Open command Window here.
7. Now you have to enter the following command in ADB window.
adb sideload file.zip
8. You should replace the red highlighted are with the name of Stock ROM zip file downloaded previously.
9. After replacing the name, the command would look like this:
adb sideload UL-Z00A-WW-188.8.131.52-user.zip
Flashing the ROM will take few minutes, so it’s advised to wait till the process is finished. Once done, reboot your Asus Zenfone 2 and it should boot fine. There you have your fully recovered and unbricked Asus Zenfone 2 working again.