How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 : The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is the latest high end Android smartphone launched by the company as the successor to the Galaxy Note 3. Since the release, the Galaxy Note 4 has been a device selling like hot cakes. Since it is a flagship smartphone, the Galaxy Note 4 also got upgraded to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update after the release.
Like any other Android device, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is not also immune to lags and bugs which results in poor performance by the device. Now there are two things which you can try to make your device more responsive. The first thing you could do is perform a compete System restore of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or simply root your Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Rooting your Galaxy Note 4 has both advantages and disadvantages. Talking about the disadvantages, rooting your device would void the warranty of it. Whereas the advantages are several compared to the risk you would be taking by rooting your device. By rooting you can have total control of your Android device which allows you to install Custom ROM etc. Now if you want to root your device, follow below given steps to know how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Note: Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will void its warranty and if anything goes wrong you may brick your device. The Author will not be responsible for anything. Do it at your own risk.
Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1
Before you proceed with rooting Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop instructions make sure that your model is mentioned in the list below .
Step 1: Find your Galaxy Note 4 Model Number
To find the model number of your Galaxy Note 4, go to Settings > About Device > Model Number. Now here you can view your Model Number after Device Name.
Step 2: Download Mobile Drivers
- Download and install Samsung Mobile Drivers Here.
Step 3: Download CF-Auto-Root Based on your Model Number
Now the second steps requires you to download CF-Root which will be different for each Galaxy Note 4 Model. Do note that below given CF-Auto-Root links also include Odin software which you need to root your Galaxy Note 4.
Download CF-Auto-Root Files based on your Galaxy Note 4 Model Number.
- SM-N910F (International, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip
- SM-N910G (Asia, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltedt-smn910g.zip
- SM-N910H (Asia, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-tre3g-tre3gxx-smn910h.zip
- SM-N910T (T-Mobile USA, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip
- SM-N910P (Sprint, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltespr-trltespr-smn910p.zip
- SM-N910R4 (US Cellular, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trlteusc-trlteusc-smn910r4.zip
- SM-N910W8 (Canadia, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltecan-trltecan-smn910w8.zip
- SM-N910C (Thailand, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip
- SM-N910U (Hong Kong, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trhplte-trhpltexx-smn910u.zip
- SM-N910K (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip
- SM-N910L (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-treltelgt-treltelgt-smn910l.zip
- SM-N910S (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelteskt-trelteskt-smn910s.zip
- SM-N9100 (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszc-smn9100.zip
- SM-N9106W (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszn-smn9106w.zip
- SM-N9108V (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trltezm-smn9108v.zip
- SM-N9109W (China, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduosctc-smn9109w.zip
Step 4: Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Now that you have downloaded CF-Auto-Root files follow below given steps to root your Android device. Do note that below given instructions are for Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G (Indian version). If you have different model number, download compatible software from the above list and follow below given steps.
- Assuming that you have downloaded CF-Root file based on your Model number, extract it to a folder in your desktop.
- Now run the Odin3-v3.07.exe with administrator rights.
- Now put your Galaxy Note 4 in download mode by turning off your phone and then pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button. Then press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to PC using USB Cable.
- Now in Odin window, the ID:COM will turn to blue.
- Next, click on PDA button and select the CF Root file from the extracted folder. It should look something like this : CF-Auto-Root-title…….tar.md5
- Now check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and click on Start button.
That’s it! Now you should see a PASS message in Odin window and your Android device will reboot. After device is rebooted, simply disconnect your Android device and enjoy your rooted Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. To confirm the root, download Root Checker App from Google Play Store.