There are several Google Play related errors an Android user has to face in day-to-day life, and one of those most common Google Play store error is Google Play Error 491. This error usually pops up when the user try to download anything on his Android device like apps or games from the Play Store. Fortunately, there is a quick fix available for this error. Here is how to fix Google Play Error 491 in Android Phone and Tablet.
As I said earlier, the Google Play Error 491 in Android pops up when you try to download an app or game from Google Play Store. There are several methods available to fix the Google Play Error 491 in Android. I have mentioned almost every method to get rid of this 491 error. Still you can try every one of them to see if the combination can solve this issue if not any of the single method.
Follow below given methods one after another to fix Google Play Error 491 in Android.
How to Fix Google Play Error 491 on Android Phone
Note: Before you proceed with any of the below mentioned methods, kindly reboot you Android device and see if the error still resists. Most of the time a simple reboot or restart can solve Google Play Error 491.
Method 1: Fix Google Play Error 491 by Clearing Cache
Clearing Google Play Store and Google Play Service cache are the most common fix for resolving the Google Play Error 491. Here is how you can clear cache for Google Play Store and Google Play Service.
1. Tap on Settings and open Application Manager.
2. Under Application Manager, tap on Google Play Store.
3. Tap on Force Stop button to stop the Google Play Store App.
4. Next, tap Clear Data and then tap on Clear Cache.
5. Now go back to Application Manager and tap on Google Play Service.
6. Tap on Force Stop to stop the service.
7. Next tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache button.
Once done, simply reboot your Android device, and see if this has fixed Google Play Error 491.
Method 2: Remove and Re Add your Google Account
If the first method didn’t work out then proceed with Method 2. Here you are required to remove your Google Account, reboot or restart your Android device and then again add Google Account. Here is how to do it.
1. Go to Settings and tap on Accounts.
2. Next, tap on Google and remove the Google account which is associated with Google Play.
3. Now, restart or reboot your Android device.
4. Once rebooted, go to Settings again and tap on Account and then on Google.
5. Now add back your Google account associated with Google Play Store.
Once done, now try opening your Google Play store and start downloading any app or game. This should certainly fix Google Play Error 491 in Android.
Method 3: Wipe Dalvik Cache
If nothing seems working for you then the last method is to wipe Dalvik cache. However, do note that this method cannot be performed on every Android device, but only on those device which has Custom Recover installed. Here is how to Wipe Dalvik Cache to fix Google Play Error 491 in Android.
1. Reboot your device into recovery. You can get the guide to reboot your device into recover with a simple Google search as the method varies from device to device.
2. Now once your are in Recovery Menu, select Wipe cache partition.
3. Now go to Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
4. Now go back to Recovery Menu and select Reboot System Now.
Once you have rebooted your device, try opening Google Play Store and see if this has fixed Google Play Error 491.