Unlike Windows running machines, Mac OS X Yosemite comes with a built-in screen recording feature. The screen recording feature in OS X Yosemite Running Mac will allow you to record your screen to create video tutorials, for presentations purpose or for anything which requires screen recording. Here is how to record screen on Mac OS X Yosemite with a built-in recorder.
How to Record Screen on Mac OS X Yosemite
To record screen on Mac OS X Yosemite, we will be using a pre-installed utility called Quicktime Player. The Quicktime player allows you to record your Mac’s screen along with voice from the microphone. Follow these steps to know how to record screen on Yosemite running Mac with Quicktime Player.
1. Go to Launchpad and open Others folder.
2. Find Quicktime Player and click on it to launch Quicktime Player on your Mac.
3. Next, click on File from the tool bar and select New Screen recording from the menu.
4. Next, you need to select the audio source. Click on down arrow icon beside red record button and select “Built-in Microphone: Internal Microphone” as your Audio source
5. Once selected, click on Red record button to start recording your screen.
6. Now, if you want to record full screen then simply click on anywhere on the screen, else drag and select a portion of your screen to record the specified area.
7. One you have recorded the screen, click on Stop button in the Status menu to stop the recording.
8. Save your video by providing a name to it.
That’s it! By following the above steps you can record screen on Mac OS X Yosemite without the need of any third-party apps. In case, if you want more customization, while recording your screen, you can always look for third-party alternatives available online. Read this article to know more about best screen recording software for Yosemite running Mac.