Recording your Android KitKat running smartphone screen could come in handy if you want to make a video tutorial on your device, or if you want to capture the Gameplay, or looking for a way to make your presentation more appealing. However, to record screen on Android KitKat you should have a rooted Android phone. Unlike, Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android KitKat doesn’t support screen recording through third-party apps, without rooting your device.
Also Read: How to Record Screen on Android Lollipop
Nevertheless, if you have a rooted Android KitKat running device then follow this guide to know how to record screen on Android 4.4 KitKat device.
To do this we will be using Xposed Framework and a module. By using Xposed Framework on your rooted Android device you can install Modules to add additional functionality. And the module we are going need is called as GravityBox. GravityBox module allows you to record screen on your Android KitKat running smartphone. However, do note that GravityBox module is only compatible with stock ROMs or ROMs like CM 11 etc which are based on Stock version of Android. If your device meets the requirement then proceed with below steps.
How to Record Screen on Android KitKat Phone and Tablet
1. Make sure that you have rooted Android Kitkat running device with Stock ROM.
2. Create backup of your data.
3. Go to Settings, tap on Security and enable Unknown Sources option to install APK from unknown sources.
4. Download Xposed APK file. Once downloaded, install the app via side loading.
5. Once installed, launch the Xposed Installer, go to Framework and tap on Install/Update.
6. Reboot / restart your Android device.
7. Now open Xposed Installer, go to downloads and search for GravityBox.
8. Tap on Latest version and download the latest version of GravityBox module.
9. Next, go to Modules, check or select GravityBox ( check mark). Now you need to restart your phone so that GravityBox could be installed.
10. After the reboot, you should see GravityBox installed on your Android device.
11. Open the GravityBox app, tap on Power tweaks and enable Screen record in power menu option. You can also customize bitrate, video recording resolution and the time limit in the app.
12. Once done, press and hold the power menu and select Screen record to start recording your screen. Tap on Stop to end the recording and save it.