Microsoft has released its latest Windows version Windows 10 in October and Technical preview for the same has also been made available for the people who just can’t wait for the public release of the OS. Now, if you want to install Windows 10 on your PC, then either you can make a fresh install by wiping out everything from your PC or simply run it inside a virtual machine. Follow this article to know how to install Windows 10 Technical preview using the Oracle VM VirtualBox on your PC.
How to Install Windows 10 Technical Preview on Oracle VM VirtualBox
1. Get the latest Windows 10 Technical preview ISO file. You can get the latest Technical preview ISO file, after following the on-screen instructions given on Microsoft website. Click here to download Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO file.
2. Next, download and install Oracle VM VirtualBox on your PC. Click on the download link below, and start the installation by following the onscreen instructions. Once Installed, launch Oracle VM VirtualBox. (Download Oracle VM VirtaulBox)
3. Under “Create Virtual machine” window type in Name as “Windows 10”.
4. Under Version, select your current Windows OS version (Windows 7 32 bit or Windows 64 bit).
5. Next, keep the Memory size as it is, or change if you want to. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Select “Create a virtual hard drive” and click on Create.
7. Next, select VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) as the file type for the drive, select Fixed Size and finally click on Create to initialize the process.
8. Once your VirtualDrive is ready, Click on start button and select Windows 10 ISO file when asked to “Select start up disk”.
9. Finally finish the process by click on Start and wait until the OS is installed.
That’s it. Now you should have Windows 10 Technical Preview running on your PC in a new window on Oracle VM VirtualBox. Do note that, for the proper functioning of all features, restart or reboot your PC once.