File Manager has been one of the missing features in Windows Phone smartphone, however along with the release of Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft added support for a file manager with its own file manager app called Files. Check out this list of 4 best File Manager apps for Windows Phone 8.1, which includes paid and free apps from the Windows Phone store.
Best 4 File Manager Apps for Windows Phone 8.1
Files: File Manager App for Windows Phone 8 .1
As I have mentioned earlier, Files is Microsoft’s own File Manager app for Windows Phone 8.1 powered smartphones and is one of the best file managers for your device. Files file manager allows you to access directories on your SD card. You can copy, move, delete and rename your files along with the ability to create new folders in your SD card.
Features of Files
- Ability to access files from your SD card.
- Browse, search and launch files from SD card.
- Share one of the multiple files quickly.
- Create folders and directories to organise your file.
- Copy, Delete, Move and Rename your file.
Metro File Manager for Windows Phone 8 .1
Metro File Manager is another free File manager for your Windows Phone 8.1 running smartphone. It allows you to organize and manage files in your phone as well as remotely from PC. Other basic options include renaming, moving, copying and deleting of files from SD card. You can protect items in home storage with a password lock. You can share your files through WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC.
Features of Metro File Manager
- Ability to receive files sent from another app through system share.
- Organize and manage files in your Phone.
- integrates with OneDrive, GDrive, Box and DropBox.
- Copy, Rename, Move, Delete files.
- Share files through WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC.
- Inbuilt viewer, zoom and swipe.
Aerize Explorer Pro
Aerize Explorer Pro is one of the best File Manager app available for Windows Phone 8 smartphone, except the fact that it is a premium file manager app. It has won Microsoft Publisher prize for best Windows Phone 8.1 app and excellent reviews from few popular websites. It allows you manages files with cut, copy, rename and delete functions, which can be shared through NFC, Bluetooth, Email and WiFi. Along with your SD card files, you can also access files from your phone’s memory that isn’t great on other apps mentioned above. You can directly zip and unzip or extract files on your device with supported extensions like Zip, RAR and 7 Zip.
Price : Rs 160 or $2.99
Features of Aerize Explorer Pro
- Select Mode to organize multiple files from folders.
- Many View to view files in compact, normal and larger view.
- Sharing through WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth and Email.
- Cut, Copy, Move and Rename files.
- Access files on device and storage card.
Pocket File Manager
Pocket File Manager is another premium file manager for Windows Phone 8 smartphone. It also allows you to access files on SD card and your phone memory. Other feature includes FTP server support, download manager with resume and schedule. Ability to download YouTube videos directly from YouTube. It also Integrates with SkyDrive, Dropbox, Yandex, Disk, Box, Google Drive and other cloud storage services.
Price: Rs 110 or $1.99
Features of Pocket File Manager
- Share through HTTP with NFC support.
- Copy, move, rename and delete files.
- Supports extracting Rar, Zip, Tar, Gz, 7z.
- Compress files and folders into .zip format.