This article will show the procedure to install Android 4.4 KitKat in PC. Be sure check all the prerequisites before you proceed with the steps.
Android 4.4 KitKat is the latest version of Android OS released by Google. Until now, only 8-9% smartphones have been upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat including new device, which had Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box. It is a fact that not every Android running Smartphone will get Android 4.4 KitKat update except few flagship and high-end devices from major OEMs. Now if you are stuck with a low-end or mid-range device, which have not received Android 4.4 KitKat update yet, then the only thing you can do is wait for the official release from your manufacturer.
However, for a change you can experience the same by installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your Windows PC. To install Android 4.4 KitKat in PC, we will be using Oracle Virtualbox. Follow these steps for the same.
Once you download Oracle VirtualBox, install it. Keep Android 4.4 KitKat Image files as it is and proceed with these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat in PC
1. Run VirtualBox.
2. Now click on New button (top right corner).
3. In the next window type name as Android 4.4 KitKat, Type as Linux and Version as Other Linux (332 bit). Click on Next.
4. Now you have to select memory size (RAM) recommended 256MB, but keep it as 800MB ( more or less depending upon the memory size. Click on Next.
5. Select Create a virtual hard drive now and click on Create.
6. Select VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) and click on Next.
7. Select Fixed size and click Next.
8. In the next window, you have set storage space for Virtual Disk Image on your hard drive. Once selected, click Create.
9. Now, you will see an Android 4.4 KitKat file in Oracle VirtualBox.
10. Right-click on it and select Start.
11. Here, you will be prompted to select downloaded Android 4.4 ISO image. So click on small box/file icon and navigate to the folder where you have stored Android 4.4 ISO image. Select it and click on Open.
12. Click on Start button.
13. Select Install Android-86 to Harddisk.
14. Select Create/Modify Partitions and click OK.
15. Select New.
16. Select Primary.
17. Press Enter to proceed.
18. Select Write.
19. Now, type YES and press enter.
20. Select Quit and press enter.
21. Next, select Sda1 Linux VBOX HARDDISK, select OK and press enter.
22. Select ext3 filesystem and select OK.
23. Select Yes and press enter.
24. You will be prompted to install boot loader GRUB. Select Yes and press and enter.
25. Again select Yes and press enter.
26. Select Reboot, select OK and press enter.
27. Now select Device > CD/DVD Devices > Android-x86-4.4-RC1.iso (ISO image).
28. Next, select Machine > Close > Power off the machine and OK.
29. Now again right-click on Android 4.4 KitKat file in VirtualBox and select Start.
30. Select Android-x86 4.4-RC1 and hit enter.
That’s all! You have successfully installed Android 4.4 KitKat in Windows PC. Now you should see a booting screen. It will ask you enter few details, after entering them you can use Android 4.4 KitKat on your PC.