Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod all come with a built-in video player with basic features. However, sometimes default media player is just not enough and will not be able to play few media formats or lack supports to them. In this situation, you can download and install third-party media players on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and can play all major file formats without converting it to your device’s supported format.
Third-party media players can play videos formats like 3GP, MKP, AVI, MOV, AVC, M4C, MP4 and more. Today here I have made this list of best four video players for iPhone, iPad and iPod and all of these players support most of the major video formats. Read features of these media players to find the best one for you.
Best 4 Video Players for iPod, iPad and iPhone
CeneXPlayer is one of the best video players for watching Xvid/MKV format movies on your iPhone and iPod. It is the first and only video player to come integrated with Dolby Digital Plus with 5.1-channel support. You can view live streaming of 200+ channels, and it also supports 3D video playback.
It also has subtitle support with moveable and scalable subtitles; dual subtitle control and subtitle offset control. Other features include Dropbox cloud integration, import from Camera Roll and easily viewable playlists.
Features of CineXPlayer
- 3D Playback support
- Dropbox Cloud integration
- Supports Xvid and MKV format
- Doble Digital Plus 5.1-channel support (Headphone)
- Airplay – Allows you to watch movies on big screen with Apple TV
- iCloud Backup Blocker
This is yet another video player for iPhone, but it has gesture controls. It also supports all the main video codec’s and comes with features like set subtitles, audio track selecting, RockShare file sharing and Airplay support. You can easily customize play control bar according to your need. Files can be imported through iTunes, HTTP, FTP and WebDAV.
Features of RockPlayer 2
- Gesture Control for Play, Pause, Volume, Brightness, Fast Forward, Stop, Lock touching, etc
- Create new folder, move, delete, rename and add to playlist
- AirPlay support to Apple TV and HDMI TV-out
- Customizable control bar
- RockShare – Exchange files between many devices over Wi-Fi and Cross operating system transferring
- File importing
- Supports major audio and video formats
OPlayerHD Lite should be your choice if you download videos and audios of various formats. Just transfer your video or audio and start playing without any conversion. It also supports almost all subtitle formats including SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT and TXT. WiFi upload – allows you to Upload movies by the web browser on your computer.
Features of OplayerHD Lite
- Supports all the main movie- video formats
- Supports all major audio formats
- Supports all major subtitle formats
- USB Sync – Use iTunes to fast sync movies to your iPad
- WiFi Upload – Allows you to upload videos by web browser of your computer
- Download files from SAMBA Client
- File Management
- Screen Lock
- TV Out
- iTunes backup
If you are looking for a video player for streaming purpose, then Air Playit HD is the app you should try. It easily streams video from your computer to your iPhone and iPad. All you have to do is, download this app on iPhone or iPad, install a server application on your computer, choose folders you wish to share and start streaming on the go with the use of 3G or 4G network.
Features of Air Playit HD
- Live convert and streaming videos
- Offline conversion and download to iPad or iPhone
- Stream audio
- Built-in HTTP server
- TV out support for Apple TV
These are the best video players for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Do try them and let us know your views in the comment or if you know of any better alternative then mention them in the comments below.