Windows OS comes with pre-installed Media Player known as Windows Media Player. It can play both the audio and videos and works reasonably good. But, the frustrating thing about Windows Media Player is that it supports a limited number of Codecs.
Now, to overcome this problem we have to find third-party Media players for the best audio and video playing experience. Below I have listed five media players with their supported formats and features to help you choose best media player according to your need.
Note: You can Download and Install These Media Players on All version of Windows (Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8)
Top 5 Best Media Players for Windows
1. KM Player
KM Player is a feature rich media player with video and audio playing capability. What makes it so popular is its video streaming capability from YouTube, and you can also view thumb nail preview of your video just like YouTube. You can also stream videos in different quality.
Features of KM Player:
- Supports Third Party Plugins including Winamp.
- Search and Stream YouTube videos directly.
- Videos Effects: Grayscale, Motion Blur, Sharpness and Vertical UV Filters.
- Thumbnail Preview of Videos.
- Supports Multiple Subtitles for Movies.
2. VLC Player
VLC Player was the king of Media Players when you didn’t have so many choices, and still l is one of the best Media Player you can have on your Windows PC. It is mainly popular for supporting a large number of codecs without adding additional codec packs.
Features of VLC Player:
- Simple, fast and powerful media player.
- Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed.
- MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 Support.
- Runs on all platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix.
3. Pot Player
Pot Player is another great media player with easy to use UI and lots of features. It has everything that you need in your media player including a large number of codecs support.The UI of this player looks bit cultured, but in reality you won’t find it as difficult as it seems.
Features of Pot Player:
- The high quality of reproduction as well as video, and audio.
- Support for all current videos and audio of formats.
- Supports all types of subtitles, the effects in the subtitles.
- In the player, there are all necessary codecs for reproducing of video and audio.
- Plays partially downloaded (broken) files.
- Ability to turn off the computer at a specified time (after watching the film, and so on).
- Supports Proxy to watch videos.
4. UM Player
UM Player is a highly responsive Media player with reasonably fast performance. Additionally it also comes with features like Video and Audio Streaming, and Inbuilt Subtitle Finder, etc.
Features of UM Player:
- Audio delay adjustment.
- Configurable subtitles and Subtitles search.
- YouTube Recorder and YouTube Search.
- Supports all major Audio and Video codecs.
- Audio equalizer, Audio track switching, Video thumbnail maker.
5. GOM Player
Do you want a media player with powerful functionalities with clean UI? If yes, then GOM Player is for you. GOM Player comes with Codec Finder – comes handy when your audio – video file is not supported and it looks for the codec and downloads it.
Features of GOM Player:
- Use the Codec Finder to help locate missing codecs.
- Export images from videos using various Image Capture methods.
- Save a video’s audio track as an MP3 with Advanced Audio Capture.
- Speed up / slow down playback and loop sections of video/audio.
- Master a multitude of keyboard shortcuts, or create your list of keyboard shortcuts.
Well, these are some best free media players for Windows PC. So, which one is your favorite and why? Do share with us in the comments.