Previously we have posted about how to factory reset Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Today we have a guide on how to reset Safari, Opera browser setting to its factory default. If you have too many problems with your safari or opera browser, then resetting them to the factory default state is the best solution.
However, before you try to reset your browser to its default factory settings, try doing this. If you think your browser has become slower or suddenly started to crash, then try to undo the changes that you made to the browser recently. Also uninstall or remove any newly installed plugin as it may also cause your browser to crash. Who knows it may resolve your issue, and you don’t have to reset-restore Safari, Opera browser to its factory default settings.
Now if you have tried all of them and none seems to be working then proceed with restoring your browser to its factory default state.
Related Stuff: How to Disable Automatic App Update in OS X Mavericks
Follow below steps to Reset Safari, Opera browser to factory default setting.
Instructions to Reset Safari to Factory default
What you’ll lose if you reset Safari to its factory default setting:
- All the cookies will be removed; including cookies saved by other applications.
- All saved passwords would be wiped.
- It will also clear AutoFill information that you have saved while browsing.
Step 1: Open Safari browser.
Step 2: Click on setting and select “Reset Safari” from the drop down menu.
Step 3: Now again confirm by clicking on “Reset” button.
As you can see in above image, in confirmation window you have options to keep any data. Just uncheck any of the items that you don’t want to remove.
Note: you can’t undo this operation.
Reset Opera to Factory Default
Follow below steps to reset opera browser to factory default setting.
What you’ll lose if you reset Opera browser to its factory default setting:
- All saved password will be removed.
- Third party add-ons will be deleted.
- Cookies, history and cached data will be removed.
Step 1: Close Opera browser, if it is open or running
Step 2: Open command prompt
- Windows user press “Windows Key + R”, type “cmd” and then hit enter)
- Mac user click on > “Finder” in Doc > Application > Utilities > Double click on “Terminal”
Step 3: After opening the terminal or command prompt paste below command
- %AppData%OperaOpera. Remove the file called “operaprefs.ini.”
Step 4: The above command will reset your Opera browser to its factory default
That it! You have successfully restored Opera Browser to its factory default.By following the above methods, you can easily restore opera browser and Safari browser to its factory default settings.