Want to Unblock Websites at School? Here is how you can do this. Blocking social networking and video sharing websites are quite common among college, office and school authorities that can be justified because Professionals and students waste their precious study and work hours on social networking sites resulting in an inadequate study and job performance.
In another case, blocking websites at School and office can be a headache for someone who wants to use these blocked websites for better work may be for their studies or to improve their presentation. In this situation, you just can’t ask the authorities to unblock the website for yourself. So what should you do?
The only method is unblocking websites or using it anonymously. So this tutorial will show you the three easiest and safest methods unblock blocked websites anonymously at School, office or anywhere.
How to Unblock Websites?
Method 1: Find and Use website IP Address
- Go To Start > press Windows Key + R or click on Run
- In the box type cmd, and hit enter. It will open command mode
- In the black box paste or type the following: ping www.example.com (change example.com with your preferred website)
- Press Enter
- Now it will display an IP Address in bracket 
- Copy the IP Address
- Open any internet browser on your PC and paste IP Address in the address bar
- Press Enter and surf the site.
Don’t want to use the command prompt method to find the IP Address?
If you don’t wish to use command prompt method to find the IP address of a website. You can make use of free online tools like whois.domaintools.com. Follow these steps know how to do it.
1. Visit http://whois.domaintools.com/ using your web browser.
2. In the search bar, type in the website name like Facebook.com and click on the search icon.
3. Next, you will see all the information about that website being listed. Scroll down to IP Address section and copy the IP address.
4. Paste the IP address into your web browser address bar to open the blocked website.
Method 2: Using Proxy Servers
|Image Credit: www.marcofolio.net|
Proxy servers are most common methods used by anonymous users to unblock websites at School. Usually, proxy sites allow you to surf the web without being monitored by the server. Because the IP Address of proxy server will be different from yours.
- Open any internet browser on your computer
- Type any proxy server address Ex: www.abcdproxy.com
- If the proxy address is correct, then it will take you the main page of proxy server
- Now enter the website address or name you want to open in the address bar available on the main page
Finding the list of free proxy server is very easy just Google for the free proxy server.
Method 3: Use Web2mail to Unblock Blocked website
Another method to unblock blocked website is by using Web2mail, which allows the users to surf the web using their email accounts. Means the users simply have to give the website address to web2mail, and it will send you the site to your email. Just open your email account find the email and click the link to open your requested page.
Follow below steps to use Web2mail
- First Sign Up to web2mail using your mail ID
- Visit the site www.web2mail.com
- Enter the web address in the given box and press enter
- Now open your mail account, you’ll find the email from web2mail
- Open it, and lick on the link
Method 4: Use URL Shortening Service
URL Shortening services allows you to make your URLs look tiny by Shortening them. You can make use of any URL-shortening service to unblock the blocked websites. Follow these steps to do the same.
1. Visit a URL Shortening service. For this tutorial, we will be using Tiny URL service.
2. Go to http://tinyurl.com/ and enter the website address that you want to unblock. Once entered, click on Make Tiny URL button to get the tiny URL for the same.
3. Now copy the Tiny URL for your entered website and paste into your web browser address bar to unblock the websites.
Method 5: Use VPN to Unblock websites
VPN ( Virtual Private Network) are software utilities, which allow you to browse the web anonymously. There are several free and paid VPN services available on the internet. If you are looking for free VPN service, then I would recommend Open VPN as it is available for free and fast as well. Talking about the premium and freemium services, the Hotspot Shield and Private Tunnel are the most preferred VPN clients. You can know about these services with a little Google search.
By following the methods mentioned above, you will be able to open or Unblock Blocked Websites in colleges and offices. If you think we have missed any other service, then do let us know in the comments.