Torrent Networking is one of the most popular media of P2P file sharing. Torrents have opened new ways of sharing videos, audio, software etc. Torrents are being not much liked by the major software distributors and copyright agencies but used by millions of students for various reasons.
What is Torrent sharing? Torrent sharing is about “swarming and tracking”, where users download many small bits from many different sources at once. Because this format compensates for bottleneck points, it is faster than downloading a large file from a single source.
How does Torrent works? Torrents work by downloading small bits of the file from various web sources. Torrents are Free, Easy and mostly clean, except some.
It is very easy to download torrents using PC or an MAC, but what about your smartphone or feature phone? Same applies to them as well :D. Downloading torrent on your mobile phone takes just a few clicks and today we will see how to download Torrents in Windows Phone, Nokia Asha, Symbian and Java Phones.
How to Download Torrents in Windows Phone?
Windows Phone is the third major mobile OS and has gained some traction in the smartphone market. You can download torrent in Windows Phone 8/7.5 smartphone by using a free application called wpTorrent.
wpTorrent: wpTorrent is a native torrent client for Windows Phone 8. It supports downloading torrents directly to your Windows Phone. This free version is ads-driven and has 200KB/s download speed limitation.
Features of wpTorrent:
- Rich torrent features: Including magnet link support, setting file priorities, download/upload rate limit, incoming listen port, etc.
- Video and music playback integrated: Enables you to watch downloaded videos or play music while downloading is in progress.
- File manager with multiple data sharing approaches: You can browse and view downloaded files, and share them via app built-in web server, upload them to SkyDrive, or save music file to Music + Videos Hub.
- Search engine management: You may add a web or RSS search engine, even import an engine list shared by others.
- Power saving options: You may choose to stop downloading or shut down the app when the battery is low when downloads complete, or when the WIFI connectivity is not available.
How to Download Torrents in Symbian Smartphone?
If you want to download torrents using your Symbian-powered smartphone, then SymTorrent is the best option. Symtorrent allows you to download torrents on your Symbian smartphone.
SymTorrent is the first BitTorrent client for Symbian OS. It supports downloading multiple torrents at the same time, is capable of both downloading and uploading and can save the status of your unfinished torrents, so you can resume the downloads after restarting the application.
Supported Symbian OS versions:
- Symbian S60 2nd Edition
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition
- Symbian S60 5th Edition
How to Download Torrents in Java and Nokia Asha Mobile Phones?
Now if you own any feature phone powered by Java platform or Nokia Asha OS, then you can download torrents using MobTorrent. MobTorrent allows you to download torrents on your Nokia Asha or Java Phone.