Unwanted calls? Can make you frustrate easily. Own an Android smartphone with Lollipop and KitKat Android version installed? Then you can block calls easily.
Incoming calls from advertising agencies, telemarketers, and your network service providers are the worst things to start your day. However, if you own an Android Smartphone, then you can easily block these unwanted calls using below listed free Android call blocking applications.
How to Block Calls on Lollipop Running Android Phone
Android 5.0 Lollipop brought several new features to the smartphones. However, one feature that would be more than interesting is call blocking. Now you don’t need to use third party apps on your Android phone to block calls.
#1: Block Call on Stock Android Lollipop
Well, honestly there is no inbuilt method to block calls on Stock Android. However, what you can do here is, divert the calls to voice mails and avoid the hassle. It should work on Stock Android Lollipop running smartphones including Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Moto X, Moto G and Moto E.
- Open the Phone app, go to Contacts
- Open the contact or phone number you want to block.
- Tap on the Edit icon (Pencil), then tap the menu icon and select All calls to voicemail.
#2: Block Calls on Samsung Galaxy Phones
Now if you own Android Lollipop running Galaxy S4, Galaxy S6, S5 and Note 4, you can block the calls easily.
- Open the Phone App and go to Call Log.
- Open the phone number you want to block. Tap on More (top right) and select Add to auto reject a list.
#3: Block Calls on HTC Lollipop Phone
If you own HTC One M7, One M8 and One M9 running Android Lollipop, follow the below steps to block calls.
- Open the Phone app and go to Call History.
- Open the number you want to block and select Block caller.
- You can manage all your blocked contacts from the Blocked Contacts list.
#4: Block Calls on LG G2, G3, and G4
LG smartphones such as LG G4 and G4 allows you to Block calls easily. Here is how to do it.
Open Settings and navigate to Wireless and networks and open Call.
Tap on Call Reject, then Reject Calls and add the contact number that you would like to delete.
#5: Block Calls on Sony Android Lollipop Running Phones
If you are a Sony smartphone owner and own any Sony device running the Android Lollipop including Xperia Z3, Xperia Z4, Xperia Z3 compact, etc., here is how you can block calls on your phone.
Open Contacts from the All Apps and navigate to the phone number you want to block.
Tap on Edit icon, from the Menu, select All calls to Voice Mails. As you can see, here also you cannot block calls but divert them.
Every Android Phone comes with inbuilt call blocking feature, but call blocking settings are different in different smartphones. For that reason, it is recommended to use Call blocking application software to Block Unwanted calls in Android mobile Phones. Here I have listed best free call blocking apps for Android.
1. Avast Mobile Security to Block Calls on Android Phone
Avast! Mobile Security keeps your device safe from viruses, malware, and spyware.It helps you locate your lost Android phone through our web-based phone locate feature. Remote device lock and memory wipe in its advanced Anti-theft component to keep your data safe. Handy tools like network meter, app manager, and even firewall (on rooted phones) give you complete control of your mobile phone.
But along with all these features it also comes with Call Blocking feature, which allows you to Block any specific number. If you have installed Avast mobile security then, you can find the call blocking option in the settings. If not Download Avast Mobile Security
2. Mr. Number to Block Calls on Android Phone
Mr. Number is a third-party call blocking app available in the Google Play store. Mr. Number makes it easy to block calls and texts, reverse lookup phone numbers and get more info about US businesses that call your mobile phone
Features of Mr. Number
- Allows you to block calls and text from a specific number.
- Block telemarketers and other advertisers from wasting your time.
- Block calls automatically from unknown and private numbers.
- Easily report all the spam calls and MMS and warn others.
Call Blocker to Block Calls on Android Phone
The second Call Blocker app on our list is Call Blocker. Call Blocker blocks unwanted calls now and protects your privacy. Now with new features you don’t have to worry about privacy leakage. Protect your private info 24×7.
Features of Call Blocker
- Black List
- Block unwanted calls (Reject calls, forward or reply with an auto-SMS)
- Block spam SMS (accept, phonebook only or simply block black list)
- Contact Backup
- Back up contacts to a server, so you will never lose them!
- Transfer data to new phone (available cross-platform to Symbian / Android / BlackBerry device)
Call Control to Block Calls on Android Phone
The last App on our list is Call Control. This app has around 5 million users across the world. Call Control is a full featured, super easy to use and is trusted by more than 5M users to block unwanted calls and texts. With Call Control, your phone only rings when you want it to.
Features of Call Control
- Automatically blocks thousands of active spam callers reported by the community.
- Community Blacklist stops telemarketers, debt collectors, and other spam calls before they bother you.
- Personal Blacklist lets you block any phone number or area code (3 entry limit in Lite version)
- Reverse lookup for spam callers to find out who’s calling (and it’s free).
- Powered by the FCC Do Not Call Registry blocks reported offenders automatically.
- Blocked Calls Don’t Ring!
- Pickup and Hangup / Disconnect.
- Send to voicemail.
- Mute ringer.
- Call waiting blocking supported.
By using this Call blocking applications, you can easily block unwanted calls on Android Smartphone. Do you have any better alternative? Do let us know in the comments below.