Booting is one of the initial tasks for any device, means when your device gets booted it loads critical system files and operating system. It is common for any device with an operating system installed. If you have used any iOS powered device like iPhone or iPad, you might have noticed a boot screen logo on your iPhone, iPad or iOS 8, 8.1 phone screen while starting the device. This is by default apple’s boot screen logo that comes pre-loaded with every iOS running device.
Boot screen logos or animation may look boring after some time of the use. Watching it daily or frequently each time during the restart of the device may make you wonder why, why we have it on our phone? The boot logos or animation keeps you engaged when the iPhone or iPad is preparing for startup. Well, Apple could have removed the Boot screen logo, but wouldn’t you rather have a boring boot screen animation than a black screen? My vote for the logo.
So, what’s the solution? Well, you can change the boot screen animation and replace it with your preferred logo or animation. Now, if you want to change the boot logo or customize it with the one you like, you gotta tweaks a few settings. But, before that, remember that you should have jailbroken your iPhone or iPad. Jailbreaking your iPhone is like rooting an Android phone, which gives full access to any device.
For installing Custom boot logo in your iOS 8 / 8.1 running iPhone and iPad, you can make use of a Cydia tweak called Animated iOS 8. This tweak allows the iPhone users to add animated custom boot logos to their jailbroken iPhone. Before you proceed to make sure that you read the pre-requisites to add custom Boot Logo to iOS 8.
Add custom boot logo to iPhone and iPad
Step 1: Prerequisites
- Jailbroken iPhone and iPad
- iPhone or iPad running on iOS 8 and above
Step 2: Add Custom Boot Logo to iPhone / iPad on iOS 8
1. Begin by launching Cydia on your phone and type in “Animate iOS 8”. Press and search for Animate iOS 8 tweak in Cydia.
2. Wait until the search completes and you see the teak listed on your screen.
3. Now you have to install that tweak. Tap on Animate iOS 8 to install it.
4. The tweak should take few seconds to install. However, wait till it is successfully installed.
5. Now go to Settings App from Home, scroll to the bottom and tap on BootLogo.
6. This would list the available boot animations. For now you can only see two boot animations came with the tweak. However, you can add more boot logo animations from Cydia store.
Step 3: Download and Add More Boot Logo Animations
1. If you are in the Settings app, close it.
2. Now get back to Cydia. Next, tap on Sources and then BigBoss repository.
3. Next, tap on Addons section. In the boot logo section, you should be able to see all the Boot logo animations available for your device.
Now all you have to do is filter the boot logos which fits your device. There are hundreds boot logo’s available for different device and screen sizes. You can find the best boot logo for your iPhone or iPad by doing a bit of research. Once you find the one you need, download and add them to your device.
Once downloaded, head back to Settings > BootLogo and select the boot logo that you want to set as default in your iOS 8 device.
Now switch off your phone and turn it on to see your custom Boot logo in iPhone in action.
Once thing to notice here would be that using custom third-party boot logo’s in your device can make the booting process slower. If you’re fine with this, then there is nothing wrong in customizing your iPhone a bit by changing the boot logo. Do try this and let us know your views in the comments below.