A web browser cache is simply a place designated on your computer where the browser temporarily stores web page information– such as images and when you revisit the same site the web page loads faster than the first time visit that is because of the cache of the website stored in your computer’s temporary memory.
Recommended Read: Best Free VPN Services for Windows
Follow below steps to Increase Cache memory in Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tool icon (Gear icon upper right of the browser)
- Now Select Internet Option
- Below in Browsing History and click on Setting
- Now a window will appear
- In Temporary Internet Files select automatically and write the size of memory you want to allocate at least 256 (1= 1MB) or more if you have lots of free storage.
- Click OK and save your changes then click OK/Apply again to close the windows.
Follow below steps to Increase Cache memory in Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Firefox
- Click on Tools >> Options >> Advanced
- In “Cache Web Content” select “Override automatic cache management.”
- write the size of memory you want to allocate at least 256(1=1MB)
- Now click on OK to save the setting
Follow below steps to Increase Cache memory in Google Chrome.
- Right Click on the Google Chrome icon in desktop
- Select properties
- Properties >> Shortcut Tab
- Below find Target and click inside the box
- Now press “End” key on the keyboard and give space before entering the given code below.
- Now copy and paste this at the end: -disk-cache-size-1000000
- Click OK to save the setting.
If you would like to watch, instead of reading how to increase the cache in Chrome browser, here is a video tutorial showing the same. Make sure you give space before entering the code.
So this was about how you can increase the cache size in Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. After doing this, you may see a little performance improvement in your browser, but no drastic changes. Chrome as a browser takes lots of resources on your computer hardware, and that is something you cannot change.